Open Positions with Perkins Coie Trust Company
Operations Administrator – Job #S20180814 – Seattle, Washington
The Operations Administrator effectively supports the goals of Perkins Coie Trust, LLC as they relate to the operational aspects of the investment management, trust administration and client reporting functions within the firm. The individual will be primarily responsible for independently managing trade settlement, income processing and cash management functions to ensure the accurate accounting of all activities related to our client portfolios and firm records. The individual is required to act decisively and exercise independent judgement in the daily responsibilities of the position. In addition to the primary functions of the role, the associate is part of a three person team and as such they are responsible for understanding the duties associated with these positions in order to provide regular coverage and assistance as needed.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is an operational partner with the Investment and Administrative teams within the Trust Company. Daily coordination with these teams is required as well as frequent interactions with Risk Administration and Executive Management.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all cash functions, including processing authorized income receipts and distributions to clients, via check, wire or ACH.
- Serve as daily contact with custodians and banks utilized by the firm.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
- Administer the monthly mailing of client statements to ensure the timely delivery.
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of securities in the security master file.
- Process account and asset transfers; including fee receipts and deliveries, donation requests and full and partial account transfers. Ensure tax lots are established and properly utilized.
- Coordination of the distribution of system reports according to established workflows.
- Accurate and timely posting of corporate reorganization transactions to client accounts.
- Ongoing review of existing procedures and processes to identify potential opportunities to create new efficiencies.
- Assist with audits, financial reporting, invoices and fee processing and reconciliation.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by management.
Specific Skills Required:
- Task oriented with the ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage projects through to completion
- Highly motivated self-starter with the desire to gain knowledge and share with others
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Familiarity with investment systems and applications (FIS-SunGard and Bloomberg a plus)
- Strong individual contributor who works effectively as a member of a highly functioning team
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
- Willingness to work non-standard hours and overtime as needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2 to 5 years financial industry experience with emphasis on back and middle office operations
- General knowledge of financial markets and investment vehicles.
- Certified Securities Operations Professional certification or willingness to obtain
Trust Administrator – Job #S20190302 – Seattle, Washington
Perkins Coie Trust Company seeks a Trust Administrator. This position will support all aspects of the administration of trusts, estates, investment agency and custody accounts for the firm.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the opening, settlement and closing of estates and all aspects of trust administration for the firm, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and adherence to appropriate regulations. Including monitoring billing and collection of annual fees.
- Process and file all documentation related to trusts and estates.
- Field client requests regarding cash receipts, address account related questions and support officers in problem resolution.
- Assist in preparation for client meetings.
- Setup, maintain and close client accounts on the trust system.
- Prepare and deliver client correspondence, checks and other client documents on an as-needed basis.
- Serve as secretary to Trust Administration Committee.
- Manage the cash needs of all trust accounts.
- Assist in the collection of tax records as needed by the tax preparer. Provide clients or their accountants with tax ledgers and other pertinent tax information. Coordinate the review, signing and timely filing of trust tax returns. Set up, track and pay estimated tax payments.
- Interact with and provide information on a regular basis to attorneys and CPAs.
- Document management and filing including official client records in keeping with record retention policy as well as phone coverage.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. As well as, great organizational skills and attention to detail. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel and familiarity with general database concepts. Sufficient intellectual curiosity to provide motivation to learn new functions. Familiarity with trust or investment-related functions and systems is a plus.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or Associate Degree and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative support.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.