Open Positions with Perkins Coie Trust Company
The Investment Officer (IO) supports the Investment team and Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of Perkins Coie Trust Company (the “Company”)) in all aspects of investment management and compliance including trade creation and execution, investment research and analysis, performance measurement, investment compliance and client reporting. The IO also has a limited number of client management/relationship responsibilities to provide the highest level of client service.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest and best service level to our clients, colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare materials and participate in client review meetings, as the lead or as support.
- Portfolio management—monitoring and trading accounts, as needed; updating account information (Investment Policy Statements, restricted securities, cash reserves, etc.).
- Client account(s) performance reporting and delivery.
- Research of capital market and economic environment, including portfolio strategies.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis, due diligence, sourcing of investment ideas, security screening and monitoring on defined universe of equity and fixed income securities.
- Advise the team of price alerts, corporate actions and changes in security ratings, where applicable.
- Make effective use of research and analytical tools including Bloomberg, Morningstar, FIS trading and reporting systems.
- Preparing materials for reporting—performance, attributes, costs, bond ratings and model allocations.
- Maintaining, asset classification and other account parameters to ensure quality of performance reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with performance reporting standards and composite reporting policy.
- Place trades as directed, ensuring compliance with trading and best execution policy.
- Develop and maintain quality business relationships with brokers and maintain the highest data integrity.
- Effectively communicate within the Investment team and with the Management, Trust Administration and Operations teams.
Specific Skills Required:
- Educated and knowledgeable about capital markets, investment securities and strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills and strong team player.
- Superb organizational/time management skills and attention to detail.
- Concurrently prioritize and perform multiple assignments with limited supervision.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Excels in challenging, dynamic environment.
- Highly motivated, intellectually curious and proactive.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills/ability to distill relevant data.
- Above-average skills working with MS Office Suite (Outlook Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and integrate process automation.
- General experience and familiarity with trading and investment research software.
- Specific knowledge of FIS systems and Bloomberg is not required but desirable.
- Ability to use SQL or Python is not required but a plus.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field; and at least 3 years of experience in investment, wealth and client relationship management within a trust company.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.